Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Where is the king's heart?

It is amazing to me how many Christians claim Prov 21:1 on Sunday. “The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.” And then post fb comments and political statuses on Monday that seem to appear that the king’s heart is in the hand of the electorate. If we really believe God is in control why do we think the name of the president is going to change the direction of the country? Revival is the only thing that can heal the U.S.A. 2 Chron 7:14 “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

My opinion is: Pray, vote (while we still have the privilege), and then pray for the leaders God ordains (Rom 13:1-2). Walk in the Spirit. Be the salt and light God has commanded you to be, and do not trust in the arm of the flesh (2 Chron 32:8; Ps 20:7).

No comments:

Post a Comment